• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leak injector lines

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, that kinda looks like oil. I'd try cleaning it off and watching it to see where it's comming from when it's at idle or high idle.

Alredneck

Banned
Did you try backing them off then retightening them? If you pull one at a time you can look at the ends for visible cracks, if you see any they will need replaced, I know memphis equipment has them but I would shop around before buying from them. My fuel looks like that to when you mix it with UMO and other stuff. BUt it doesnt hurt to have a sharp eye! Good Luck!

sermis

I sprayed it with brake clean and started it. It looks like fuel is coming from the motor side lines. Some of the lines look like they have been replaced with used lines. Mot f the line blocks had been removed. This is the same truck that they used silicone as the base gasket on the air compressor and blocked the oil hole.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Couple of those lines look pretty rusty Steve......

Are they expensive?, I haven't had to replace any, yet.

chuck500cc

I got bored one night and decided to go over the motor and "snug" eveything down a bit. I had a valvecover leaking ect.ect. Well got to the injector lines, two had started to leak. I did the loosen and re-tighten thing and it worked for a while. It finaly blew one of the lines right out of the injector pump. I also shopped around, but ended up going with Memphis equip. so that I could get some halfway decent service. They were twice as much but had competent people to answer the phone. Great service.

Chuck XD Fan

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As you know from earlier threads on this topic, ferrules are used on the steel lines and proper alignment is critical when installing them.
Using used lines is really out of the question since the ferrules dig into the lines and conform to the cavity when tightened.
Bottom line, install new lines with new ferrules and do it right.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Fuel leak injector lines

cranetruck said:
As you know from earlier threads on this topic, ferrules are used on the steel lines and proper alignment is critical when installing them.
Using used lines is really out of the question since the ferrules dig into the lines and conform to the cavity when tightened.
Bottom line, install new lines with new ferrules and do it right.
So once they are torqued down, thats it?, single use?, like TTY bolts?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Fuel leak injector lines

Yeah, but they can be used in the same location over and over, it's when the lines are moved to a different hydraulic head when you may encounter a problem. I say may, since they may also work, but I wouldn't count on it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not be tightening any of the lines on the engine unless they are leaking, you will be asking for trouble. If the compression fittings are overtightned they will also leak.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the torque is given right on the ip head label. i have not had any problems putting used lines from other motors on or swapping ip heads and have done several recently. your results may vary. used or new lines go from cheap to rediculous depending on seller.

chuck500cc

This may be wrong, but, I tourqued the line to the IP first the fished the line into the injector. Becarefull not to crossthread the injector. I found out the hard way when using new farrel on an old line to get the line in the injector straight B4 tightening. I blew the line out of the IP. The farrel was inside the IP. I got lucky and only lost a lot of fuel and got a lot of the middle fingers on the freeway. :oops:

Chuck XD Fan

Alredneck

Banned
I think they make some clips that go on there to that keep them from vibrating around to much and coming loose if me's remembers correctly. They may come in the kit from memphis if not ask them and see though they do want a arm and a leg they do know what they are talking about. They also have a really nice shop where they restore, refit rigs on their property, I took my oldest son ( hes 2 an likes the big vroom vrooms ) up there to walk around and look at all the green iron you can spend some time in that place drooling and they dont mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks