• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leak

REDWOLF

Will out running some errands today on my last stop at my dads on my way home i noticed a leak in front of the rear wheel on the pasenger side. After crawling under the truck i can see where it was leaking. It is leaking at the top fuel line right above the rear axel and running down the frame and dripping of at the low point. So far i am not having problems with the truck starting after it sets for a wille but it has only set for about 1-2 hr between start and stop. Doe's anyone know if the top line is the return or suction line? I am going to try and wrap a piece of rubber fuel line around where it is leaking and hose clamp it with a cplds hose clamps tommarow for now until i get some money. Which is hard right now with being out of work. THAMKS

REDWOLF

Ok my quick fix for the leak on my return fuel line just above the rear axel has not worked as well as i would have liked. I slit a pc of rubber fuel line and wraped it around where the leak is at and used two ss hose clamps to try in seal it. I am going to put one more clamp between the two today if it stops raining, and see if that works. Unless some one out there has a better idea. I now the right way is to replace the intire line but money and money will not alow this right now.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not cut out the bad section and replace it with a piece of rubber line? Find 2 clean areas of the steel line and cut there. Then slip on a foot or so of new rubber line and use a hose clamp at each end.

REDWOLF

Thats what i was thinking just going to have to pull the line away from the frame to have the clearance to get a small pair of mini tubing cutters in there to cut it out with. Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A cutoff wheel on an air tool works well. Or a hacksaw blade.

REDWOLF

I was not shure about useing a cuttoff wheel on my dremil with fuel in the line and all over the frame of the truck. Just have to get a pc of rubber fuel line. ? what size.

REDWOLF

Well i cut out about a 2 1/2 ft section of line and it was full of pin holes so i am glad i did. Replaced it with rubbwer line so no more rust problem. Thanks fellas

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks