• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Line Woes

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So my fuel hose was leaking (the rubber line that runs from the hard line on the frame up to the injector pump) and I ordered a replacement from Memphis.

Sadly, Memphis crimped the wrong end on it........ :x

So, I was just going to remove the 45° adapter from the bottom of the IP and replace it with one that has the right size from Home Depot so i could use the incorrect Memphis hose....

And that adapter fitting in the IP ain't gonna' budge-tried it with wrenches and it just tried to round off, so then I out the vise grips on it and it refused to budge. I mean, it's in their tight.

So, I guess I am gonna ride down to town a dn see if I can get someone to make me a fuel hose in the right size ( :roll: ), but if I can't do that, how the heck do I get this fitting out of the IP without removing the pump?

I really don't wanna pull an IP just for this.....

Thoughts, suggestions, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Be back soon.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, is there enough room to get a 12" pipe wrench on it? That will crush it a bit but will most liekly remove it. Meanwhile back at the ranch, if it ever stops raining and I can find my hipwaders, I might have a used one here for you! Another thought is an adapter. they are pretty much 37° AN flares and you might find an adpater in brass or check with Russel or Earls. Let me know if I can help.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a hyd hose place near by? They can cut the hose off of the barb and use a new sleeve. That way you can reuse your fitting with the new hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks