• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Pressure Switch

chevysub1978

I have the new oem filter base and it did not come with the fuel perssure switch do I really need the switch?
Can I just install the part and go like it is.

M1009 84
1979 Blazer

markg

I have the new oem filter base and it did not come with the fuel perssure switch do I really need the switch?
Can I just install the part and go like it is.

M1009 84
1979 Blazer
fuel pressure switch:confused: i think you mean water sensor. remove it from the old unit, replace the o-ring, and install it on the new unit. check it for leaks before you install the new filter.

cucv1833

fuel pressure switch:confused: i think you mean water sensor. remove it from the old unit, replace the o-ring, and install it on the new unit. check it for leaks before you install the new filter.
I think he meant fuel pressure switch it doesnt come on the civy one i just changed mine the water sensor is the black plastic nipple and comes on both correct the pressure switch is the white round plastic peice

chevysub1978

I was talking about the fuel Persure Switch I have also seen it called a Vacuum Switch
it mounts on the front of the filter base and is the size of a dollar coin white in color with two wires coming from it. the base came from I site I got from here its call //www.oem-surplus.com the part number for the base is 12471725 I have added the picture for it as well. CUCV 1833 I do not need the switch with this part number as it is the Civy one ?

Thanks for you help

Attachments

cucv1833

That is correct the fuel pressure switch was used for the military to troubl shoot. u dont need it do a search in the advance search section thats how i found all this out. i bought the same one you got from the same place good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks