• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pressure too high

jth camper

I have a 70's M352A, I replaced the stock fuel supply filters with a spin on filter kit.
The engine started ran great until the secondary fuel filter blew out. The engine continued to run great, but was dumping fuel on the ground like crazy.
The secondary filter split open at the top seam. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The stock filter head had a pressure relief valve set to open if I remember between 70 / 80 psi. The system still puts out around 60 psi min. to supply the Head so wonder if it was a bad filter as most have a good burst pressure. If the new filter head has any extra ports you could do a pressure test of the running system.

jth camper

The stock filter head had a pressure relief valve set to open if I remember between 70 / 80 psi. The system still puts out around 60 psi min. to supply the Head so wonder if it was a bad filter as most have a good burst pressure. If the new filter head has any extra ports you could do a pressure test of the running system.
Thank you. I took the filter back to Napa and the new one had no problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks