• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump not working

sermis

Is it better to just replace the fuel pump or rebuild it. The one on my mew truck is not pumping. 24V in, fuse good, ground good but pump not running. I pulled it out and sis not see how to take it apart otherthan drilling some rivits out. Saturn has kits for $10 I can get a used one for $100, new one from Saturn $200. What is the best way to go?

Jones

What's the chief complaint: Does the pump run but no fuel? Or doesn't run at all?
I've found two problems; pump doesn't run = no power to the motor itself-- look for a broken wire from the head to the motor. Power to the motor usually means new motor as the they seem to be sealed.
If the pump runs then look to a broken or detached impellor; or see if the bottom plate of the impellor housing has come off.

sermis

Does not run at all. I was not sure how to detatch the wire at the pump. Motor looks like a seald unit. A few revits around the cage but did not see how to get it apart otherwise.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pump assy is comprised of 2 parts. The motor, and the pump itself. The motor is totally sealed.. So you ask, how does the motor turn the pump??? Magnets.... When the motor goes bad, the party is over, and buy a new one. When the pump goes bad, sometimes you can open it up and fix it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks