• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Pump Pickup problem

borg2468

We were working on my truck, finally figured there was rust and junk all up in the tank and it needed a serious cleaning. Pumped all the fuel out and pulled the pump for cleaning. took the pump apart and cleaned the bottom part, we will call the pickup for the pump. While cleaning, there is a little piece that holds the small steel ball in the impeller drive, and it flew out. Can't find it. Now, here is the question, if you haven't figured it out. Can I get another Piece? Where can I get another little piece? Do I need to get another pump, or can I get another pickup assembly? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Also looking for a Fuel Pump Mount Assembly (its terribly rusted), and Sending Unit (Float is Broke and missing, doesn't work any more), if anyone can point me in the right directions.

Thanks.

Jeepsinker

Order a new pump from ebay-$50- Keep your old pump as spare parts. You can clean the old hanger assembly up with muriatic acid or have it bead blasted. New ones can be had but they are quite pricey.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks