• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump problem with A3

gary1978

I am trying to "fix" an M35A3 for a friend and cannot get fuel to the fuel filter / water separator assembly. I can't even find the fuel pump. I can't find any other fuel filters. One line from the filter/water separator assembly goes to the injector pump and the other comes out of the back of the cylinder head or block at the rear of the engine. There are not enough wires going to the fuel tank to account for an in-tank electric pump. The tank has 20 gallons of fresh diesel in it. The fuel filter is new. (The one I replaced was very dry!) Any ideas out there? Remember, this is a A3 with the CAT engine. Sure has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

unclemikey

If this is a new recovery, check all the fuel lines near the frame. Got an A-2 from G. L. that had the fuel line pinched off on the frame rail under the radiator from a fork lift. Trace all the metal lines for any damage. Goog luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks