• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump question

FreightTrain

Banned
Went to see what was wrong with my truck at wreckers today(and Gut another truck>>taps playing in background<<).Put some fuel in the tank(about 7 or 8 gallons) and hooked the slave cable up.Cracked the bleeder and nothing.Went around to the side and couldn't hear the pump running.Removed the top cover,checked the fuse and was good(Visual then Continuity via a multimeter).Checked for ground continuity and nothing.Open circuit from the Fuse to the chassis.Think the pump is toast?To remove it do I just pull the screws out(please tell me they have threaded inserts and I won't have to reach in with a wrench some how to hold some nuts while turning the screws(which I don't see anyones arm going into the tank and holding the nuts with a wrench!).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tank is tapped, just take the screws off (if they don't break). The entire pump assy just lifts right out.

Alredneck

Banned
FT while you got the pump out you need to install a anti-gremlin device! Maybe try a garlic clove necklace on the rearview mirror. Ahhhhhhhhh shucks there isnt one so you know what this means? Your're Screwed man! Mr. Murphy 1, FT 0

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks