• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel selection switch question

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Long story short, I'm looking for a "on", "on" switch for my mule. I have an electric fuel pump so I want to be able to run on the fuel and when shutting off, turn off the fuel and "turn on" the ground to shut off the motor.

I put in a DPDT switch for now but want a switch similar to the original "accy" switch.

I found this switch on Saturnsurplus web site.
http://saturnsurplus.com/electrical/0500.htm

Does anyone know if this is a "on", "on"???

thanks,

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it will turn on two separate circuits, SPDT type, although it has 4 connections, only 3 are used.
It is used to turn on the left or right fuel tank pump in some applications (xm757).

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn't that be DPDT? SPDT will turn on two things and turn off two things!!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A SPDT won't work.
the supply voltage needs to be 12V for the fuel pump and "ground" for the engine kill.
You have 2 different sources.
A fuel selection switch won't work now that I think about it. Again, I need two different sources.

Anyone know of a military switch, that will fit where an accy switch goes, that will work?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks