• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Shutoff Switch Power Issue

OGFDBrad

I am working on a CUCV with the ole 6.2. The issue I am having is not have the specified voltage and amperage at the fuel shutoff solenoid on the fuel injector pump. If I run a hot wire straight to the battery the valve will open and with the turning over of the engine it will pass fuel. Could this possibly be a sensor feedback issue coming through the pink/black wire(from looking at schematic in tm). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12 volt power to the solenoid is switched at the ignition switch and that is the only place. You will need to see where the circuit is broken by working your way back to the battery using your voltmeter/test light.

OGFDBrad

The voltage at the pink wire at the fuel shutoff is 10.28 volts. The minute I check for current the voltage disappears and there is no amperage at the connection.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe a bad ground from the IP cap(solenoid) to engine ground.

Or, a bad engine to chassis ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks