• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel solenoid mep002a question

hedgehog69

Working on my last genset out of 4....hour meter says 9 hrs!! Nice shape. I got it running...all works great. But...it didn't shut off when I switched knob to OFF position. I asked some questions here...studied and thought about it...and figured out the brass thumbscrew at the bottom of the shutoff solenoid was missing. By some miracle, I found it on the trailer. I went to put it on tonight. Man...is that tight!! So I thought if I started the unit, solenoid would 'retract' and give me a little more room. Tried that and failed. Shut it off to find something else to use. Came back to unit...solenoid would 'retract' while I cranked it, but as soon as it started, it released it....and if the thumscrew were in place, it would have killed the engine. It worked right the first time...but not again. Is that solenoid fried? If so...where can i find a new one? Also...I need to print out another manual...so I couldn't research it there.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the solenoid pulls up while you are cranking and then drops out after you let go of the start switch, the solenoid is working just fine. Like gary mentioned, could be the oil pressure switch or high temp switch.

Boatcarpenter

hh69,
The oil pressure guage may be working, but it may be that the low oil pressure cutout switch is not. If it does not sense enough oil pressure, it will shut the engine down. Find the switch and complete the circuit by connecting the two wires together and then try running the unit.

BC

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget the high temp switch I mentioned. Most people don't think of this switch because it doesn't go bad very often, but it will shut you down just as quickly and have the same symptoms as the oil pressure switch.

hedgehog69

I finally got the brass thumbscrew back in place..with a nut to torque it in...I hope. Unit operated as it should after that!! Got this unit sold...need to get some more...it has been fun learning about these units and am grateful for all the guidance!! THANK YOU !!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks