• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel spill

REDWOLF

????? Started my M1009 this morn and whent back inside where it was warm. Whent out to leav and there was a puddle of fuel under the passenger side back side of the motor. Never had that befor. The front of the truck was parked kinda down hill on the drive way. Poped the hood and checked the fuel fillter and the injectores on that side nothing. Checked the ip pump and all dry there just like it was when i replaced it 6-7 month ago. Drove it to work parked checked it after a cpl houres and no puddle under the truck just a veiw drips from where the front drive shaft got fuel on it and the bottom of the engine. Any thoughts ?????:?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple.

Check the overflow tube on the fuel filter block.

Check up under the passenger side door frame. That's where there is one piece of rubber tubing to connect to steel fuel line from the back to the steel fuel line from the front. It is also the place the military commonly mounted an electric fuel pump. So check that spot to see if there is any fuel leaking.

REDWOLF

Good call wallew. Pulled the air cleaner off this afternoon when i got home to check and make shure one of the injector lines at the back of the ip was not leaking and saw what looks like the return line is leaking where the rubber hose meets the hard line that runs along the intake. The short piece that runs from the filter base down to the hard line at the intake. Can not see it spraying just wet and maybe running when i shut the truck off. Just weired how it leaked that bad when the truck was running with the front end down hill. I am still getting some drips under the truck but everything is pritty soaked from this. Is it a bad line or a pluged up one that is causing to much back preshure ?????

REDWOLF

Looks like it has not leaked anymore sence that morning. Just getting drips from where it leaked all over the back of the motor and bellhousing. Not shure why it leaked then and no more?? Just because the truck was parked down hill somwhat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks