• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Tank Leak Help

fpchief

Well,
I pulled my tank off to make sure things are all good with the sender and pump. Trash was at the bottom so i decided to do a good clean out. Doing this i discovered multiple small leaks at or near where it has been repaired before. I do not know anything about tank repair and need some advice from you pros. Repair or replace? Seems like each and every thing i touch on this truck leads to something else.

See attached.

20180908_101703.jpg20180908_101706.jpg

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once it is that far gone...replace. IMHO not worth futzing around with. A good used steel one will do, and you can clean and interior coat if before you put it on. If you are fancy, source an aluminium tank from an M35A3!

And, yes, whatever you touch leads to something else....up to a point. Once most things are fixed, it will slow down. I promise. Scout's honour.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I JB welded up about 20 holes on mine after cleaning it with muratic acid. It was a waste of time. Tank is a POS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks