• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank/master cylinder vent help

dropaduece

Dear Fellow Members,

I have been reading all kinds of different opinions on the m35a2 master cylinder and fuel tank vent lines. I am currently working on replacing my fuel and brake lines on a custom m35a2 4x4 project. I have installed a remote resevoir on my master cylinder. I took the filler cap off, removed the brass plug, and knocked the splash guard out. I then installed a barbed hose fitting on top of the filler cap and ran that hose to my remote resevor which is vented and located inside the cab.

What do I now need to do about the vent line that is comming off the top of my fuel pump flange? My fuel tank is now in the bed of my truck. Can I just install a vent/filter right on top of the flange, or do I need to allow anything else to return back into the tank?

Was this line originally on the fuel tank to keep water from entering the fuel tank and or the brake master cylinder. Is that why they went to all the trouble to run a line inside the frame rails.

Any knowledge or advice would greatly be appreciated. Would like to get it as close to right as possible the first time around.

Seth

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, your thinking correctly. They were originally all centrally vented up high in the engine compartment. A filtered vent on your tank wiil be fine.

The trucks were designed to drive in water up to the air intake, the vents were all higher.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks