• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel water separator

mlaxton

Does anyone know the quality of the stock fuel water separator on an 803a verses a WIX fuel water separator? I can’t seem to find out any info as far as micron rating on the stock ones. I found a couple new in box ones for sale. Reason being is the drain valve setup is much cleaner on the stock option. Or has anyone found a “modern” option with the drain valve?

Ray70

There are a few aftermarket options out there with drain valves on them, but I don't recall ever seeing one with the side outlet for the drain hose. All the ones I have seen just have a petcock on the bottom with no place to attach a hose.
The original style should be perfectly fine to use. Even if the micron rating happend to be higher than the Wix, your fuel filter is downstream of the water separator anyway.
You can sometimes find the original as cheap as $12 which is probably cheaper than Wix and it will fit correctly and has the drain hose.

cbisson

There are a few aftermarket options out there with drain valves on them, but I don't recall ever seeing one with the side outlet for the drain hose. All the ones I have seen just have a petcock on the bottom with no place to attach a hose.
The original style should be perfectly fine to use. Even if the micron rating happend to be higher than the Wix, your fuel filter is downstream of the water separator anyway.
You can sometimes find the original as cheap as $12 which is probably cheaper than Wix and it will fit correctly and has the drain hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks