• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuelpump / filter questions

Jonas

Yesterday I confirmed what i previously had seen...
The fuel filter on the firewall is bypassed.

Fuellines have been extended and connected to a fuelpump.
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/hoses/photo/67312.jpg <-- this one
I guess this means that the stock pump has given up and easyest was to just cut the lines going to the filter and connecting them to this electrical pump. The pump is really small and doesnt seem to be able to heat the fuel. This is the spec of the pump:

Pressure pump 12V.
Fitted near the tank. Includes bracket.
Fuel delivery capacity 120 L/Hr.
Pressure head 0.25 bar.
Should i try to find a new pump/filter wich also can heat the fuel?

and closer to the engine there is a Pipeline fuel filter...

Are Pipline filters really used for diesel engines????

I will buy a new filterholder that has cheap filters here in sweden from some volvo truck.

Thanks for letting me ask all questions guys, im really crappy with engines and you've all been of great help, I want to do all i can for my cucv :)

JAsher45

the stock fuel filter base has two sets of wires that go to it.... on top there is a pink and a black i believe that goes to the fuel heater and there there is a 3 wire plug that goes to the back of the block... that is your water in fuel sensor/ pressure sensor I replaced the stock fuel filter the a stanadyne FM 100 series base and ordered the fuel filter heater and water sensor. there is no wiring cause the same wire plugs are on the new parts..... the old base was built by Stanadyne too.

http://www.stanadyne.com/docs/pubf/99889%20FM%20Brochure.pdf

bkwudzhom

I have been thinking about fitting up a spin on filter!!! I knew ther had to be a way and figured some one had done it already but havet gotten around to searching for it.
Tks for the education.