• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was surprised that several searches about insurance came up with squat.
I am curious about what companies you are using?
How does one go about getting an estimated value?
Any claims????? and how they were resolved??
THANKS!!
Actually one company I had used many years ago (Hagerty) with my Unimogs has some how figured out I have "collector" vehicles and is somewhat hounding me.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Progressive commercial policy, liability only.
Value is what I told them it was worth.
No claims so can't say how that would go.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I should have mentioned I have Farm Bureau, but that is liability only, this discussion is about full coverage,
There seems to be three kinds of ins, the regular kind that depreciates from the time of manufacture which would leave a Humvee with no value, "stated value" which depreciates from the time the insurance is issued and "agreed value" which stays the same for the insurance term.
So if that is correct and you have a 5 year old "stated value" policy you are not covered at "stated value"

Last edited:

D6T

I do business with Hagerty with a sort of “agreed upon” value. I claimed the value, sent about a dozen photos and a few receipts, and they agreed.

I’ve never had to make a claim.

Coverage is certainly not minimal collision but also not as much as a daily driver gets. I pay about $170 a year. No maximum mileage cap. I’m middle-aged with a clean driving record and several law enforcement driving classes under my belt so “your mileage may” vary as they say:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had Gulfway on my other two trucks (M35A2 and M813). We switched everything to Liberty Mutual and they said they would insure my last M35. Full coverage at value of $10k. We have Mule (side-by-side), Harley, farm, cars and an umbrella policy with them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks