• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fun in the M880

rottiedog

I think I know why there is no action on this forum. These things work. I have loaded over a thousand pounds of stone and it didn't seem to care. My newly licensed daughter drives it every day and can't seem to break it. I had some issues at first but now, the thing just works......

Waste of time post but just happy with this truck!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are the best kept secret in MV ownership. Too bad they are getting scrapped at an alarming rate.

Lonesome715

I saw one of these for sale on another forum. The seller claimed it ran strong and everything on it worked. He was also including similar body style complete truck for repair panels along with NOS bed cover and troop seats. Get this, he only wanted $600 bucks for all of it. I jumped on it right away, and that is when my heart just sank. He then let it be known that he had already scrapped all of it. I was quite upset to read that.

I found another one in Columbus before I came over here. The seller wanted $250 and it ran. It had some brake issues in the front end and had some dents and dings. But all in all, it was worth getting. We could not really afford it and had no room for it but we tried any way. When we went back to try and talk a deal, guess what. Yep same story, he hauled it off for scrap. If only we had just put out the money to begin with.

rottiedog

loaded her up again today

Springs were sagging but there was still an inch or two left between the rubber snubbers. Don't know how much these bricks weigh but I'd guess 10 pounds each and there were 6 50 pound bags of sand. I'd have to say that it was over 1200 pounds. Truck is getting some use.

Pics this time.... I am tired and just cracked the first beer of the day.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks