• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuse block power problems

mocheese

I was wondering if anyone could offer a possible cause and solution to my power problem.
I have no power on the "switch" side of my fuse block. Everything with constant power is still working fine. Here is a little background info. I swapped in a chevy 350 in my 1028 a while back so now I'm running 12v. The new electric fuel pump, along with a few other accessories, is wired to one of the free "switched" points on the left side of the fuse block. I have been running with this set up for about a year now without any problems. Few weeks ago I was driving around and the truck cut off. Turned out the fuel pump was getting power. Later I found out I lost power to just that side of the fuse block. Everything else works just fine. Any ideas?

richingalveston

sounds like it may be in the ignition switch. The TM's will give you the wiring info to check the plug at the bottom of your steering column. Changing to 12V will have no effect on the ignition switch or the fuse block, all of that was already 12 volt. probably in the steering column.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "switched" sockets are controlled by the 20 Amp Ignition Fuse. #15 in the diagram

CUCV Fuse block.jpgIgnition Fuse.jpg