• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FYI for Wrecker Owners

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a Packer Hyd. Motor on your Wrecker you need to add a case drain to it.
I have had to have my motor rebuilt two times now. the second time I was asked if I was using the case drain on the motor and I did the deer in the head lights thing. LOL

When you blow a seal it will fill up the winch gear box with Hyd fluid and it wills start
draining out of the winch drum holes. Makes a big mess.
The old type of Hyd. motor does not have a drain port.

I talked to two other guys that know about hyd motors and they said the same thing, you need to
use the drain.

I guess when the Military went to the newer Packer Hyd motor they did not add a case drain.
There is a 1/4 npt on the bottom of the motor and that needs to ran back to the Hyd. tank.

What I did was drill and tap the return fitting coming out of the tank and added the return there. I also added a 5psi check
valve to the return. see pics.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The same thing happens with the pump on the m62, when the pump input shaft start to leak, the power divider fills up with hyd. oil, then leaks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks