• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G.E.A.R. seat covers installed in my M1009

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I posted this seat cover sold by Smittybilt a few weeks back. 4 Wheel Drive parts held their Truckfest here in Denver this weekend.

I had talked to a gent whose name is Matt Westhoff and he told me to come out and I could have him try the fit on my truck before I spent the money. AND they discounted the price. So I was all for that.

The seat covers fit really well. Are extremely adjustable. AND have Molle seat back attachements. I have not attached all the bags on the back yet. When I do, I will take more pix and post them.

So if you want to see what they look like installed, here are two pix.

View attachment 132802

View attachment 132803

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got all the bags attached to the back and side. It's dark now so I'll take pix in the morning and post them.

I must say, I really like the look. And the seat covers are pretty comfy over heated vinyl. We hit 90 degrees today and hot vinyl seats is no fun. I can't wait to see how they work this winter. Should be interesting.

Now I'm going to have to go over to Harbor Freight for a couple of pairs of deep sockets. One set in SAE and one in Metric. I can put one set on each seat back. Plus other items I may want to put there.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They can be purchased through Smittybilt for $99.99 per seat. I got mine at a '4 Wheel Parts Truckfest' and they cost me $74.99 each because of the show discount AND they threw in a 'GEAR hydration pack' for free. So to me it was a killer deal.

G.E.A.R. seat covers

I'll be taking measurements for my rear seat. I'll be forwarding them over to the guy I've been working with at Smittybilt. His name is Matt Westhoff. If their rear seat cover will fit, I'm buying one of them as well. Tell Matt Jim sent you. Not saying it's worth any money off, but at least he will know WHY you went to them. Plus I'm sending him this link so they will know how happy I am with their product.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks