• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G.m. 15599225

nick9129

Okay, so i went to take the bus bar off the M1009 to fix a rusty area behind it and also clean it up and cpc it...well as with everything on the blazer it did not go smoothly. I disconnected wires off the positive end (shearing one stud on the bus bar in the process) and as i remove the bridge from in between them i find that it is to the point of corroding in half (of course). So my main question is what the heck is this thing and is it necessary for the truck to run and function properly? I dont mind if it has something to do with the military radio or things of that nature, just as long as it doesnt interfere with starting, charging, or any normal everyday operation as a normal truck. So long story short, what is this thing?

nick9129

Yes that is the piece i am talking about. And ive read the other threads...but it doesn't really give a clear answer as to if its needed to run or not.

nick9129

Awesome...thanks for the info, I really didn't want to pay 40 bucks for a new one...I was guna ask the electricians at work if they could figure it out if it was really necessary haha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks