• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G506 cab fitment

fiddleman

This is regarding the 41 model yp truck I ask for i.d. help on before. It's in bad shape, but the cab and doors are in REALLY bad shape. I've been looking for replacements but can't find any in the Pa area and the ones I have seen on the web are far away and till I pay freight , I will have a fortune in them. I may know where there is a cab from a COE truck. They appear to be the same other than the shape of the lower front of the door. I'm wondering how tough it would be to make a cab like this work ? Anybody ever try it ?

Attachments

WW2Chevy

They made a COE G506, but the undercarriage was vastly different. Would be a HUGE undertaking, and likely end up costing much more then finding the correct cab. BTW, you could more easily find a civilian 40-46 Chevy farm truck and use the cab. There are some minor differences but are fundamentally the same. The windshield hinges are completely different, as well as the hood hinges. Fuel tank will be under the seat on a civilian cab too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks