• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G506 / G7107 / G4112 Identification help

M35a2duece

Hi guys. I recently picked up a Chevrolet G506 1-1/2 ton variant. It has a dump box on it but I highly question that its original. My problem is that it has no title and I am attempting to get one thru a program our state has for historic vehicles. However, I cannot find a single identification number anywhere in which to attempt to associate a title to. I have looked on the pass side frame over the front leaf spring and even carefully sanded off all the paint. It's not excessively rusty and it does not appear to be ground off but there is no number to be found. I have no data plates anywhere. It appears to be a earlier model based off of my internet searches. Rounded 4x4 shift levers, Chevrolet embossed hood panels, big countersunk flat head screws holding the front grill on, no blackout lights.

If anyone can please give me an idea where to look it would be greatly appreciated. A picture of someone else's number location would be amazing. Thanks guys!

Vintagefarmer

What are the odds, haha. I just happened to drive right through your town after picking up my CCKW. Ill take a look at that tomorrow and see if I can find any other identifying marks for it... I did hear about a data plate on the floor by the starter pedal but im not sure if it is actually there or not.... Ill report back with some pictures if I find anything.

M35a2duece

What are the odds, haha. I just happened to drive right through your town after picking up my CCKW. Ill take a look at that tomorrow and see if I can find any other identifying marks for it... I did hear about a data plate on the floor by the starter pedal but im not sure if it is actually there or not.... Ill report back with some pictures if I find anything.
Thanks!

Vintagefarmer

I forgot to look at the interior of the cab today, though I did take the chance to write down my vin to get a bill of sale made for me by the guy i bought it from. If I remember tomorrow Ill take a look in the cab for that data plate I seem to remember being there. lol

WW2Chevy

I forgot to look at the interior of the cab today, though I did take the chance to write down my vin to get a bill of sale made for me by the guy i bought it from. If I remember tomorrow Ill take a look in the cab for that data plate I seem to remember being there. lol
The dataplate is going to be either on the dashboard (early trucks) or the header above the windshield (later trucks). Some trucks that went through depot rebuild will have the VIN number stamped on the top of the front frame rail; but most Chevy G506 trucks do not.

M35a2duece

The dataplate is going to be either on the dashboard (early trucks) or the header above the windshield (later trucks). Some trucks that went through depot rebuild will have the VIN number stamped on the top of the front frame rail; but most Chevy G506 trucks do not.
Those data plates on mine are for sure gone. Do you have any idea where on top of the front rail a number could be? By the steering box? Drivers or passengers side? Thank you!

WW2Chevy

IF there is a number on the frame, it will generally be immediately above the front axle; and may be on either side. As I indicated, most G506 trucks will not have a number on the frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks