• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gama goat lower ball joints

Al Capone

Hi. has anyone sourced out the lower ball joints for these machines? One of venders has the uppers. but no lowers. Mine don't apear to be bad but they have no grease fittings and the rubbers are starting to go bad. SO i might need to replace in future.

Jericho

Are they a "two hole" on each side ball joint One has four holes, two on each side, One has Three holes on each side. If I remember right the upper is three hole and the lower is two hole, They are the same as the first series of the hummer ball joint. "The Frenchman " is here on Steel soldiers, I purchased some from him about 3 years ago. There were some on FLEA BAY a few weeks ago , a set was around $ 100 Ill see if I can find the # BEFORE YOU ORDER HUMMER JOINTS CHECK THE FSN AND P.N. ENSURE THEY ARE THE SAME. Were you interested in a couple of seat covers for patterns for your goat ?

Jericho

If you can get two hole on each side , it is easy to add a tang for two more holes and locate them based on the upper arm , I simply TIG ed some parent material onto the lobe of the ball joint, located and drilled the holes and they fit fine , I have a bout 3K miles on them as we speak, total fab time was about an hour each, start to finish they are essientialy the same ball joint.

Al Capone

Mine are not falling out and the machine only has 4700 miles on it . The rubber boots are just getting little rough . They not busted yet but might in future . Just post couple pics of some complete seat cushions for me . I'm just gonna cut up some vehicle seats for some foam and use the stinking canvas I bought . Lol boy that stuff stinks ! Been airing it out in shed for week . It's finally started to tone down a little on smell . Have any of y'all ever used the sand blaster attachment that goes on pressure washer . Works awesome . Used it to etch paint and remove flaking paint on trailer so far . Mainky bought it to etch unders sides and under wheel wells to save time on scuffing paint .

Jericho

Al PM me your address, Ill send you a top and bottom for a pattern. I don't need them back , Trust me its the easy way to do it , been down that road The boots are available in the U fix it , or you done it section of most parts stores, if in doubt try a 1977 CJ boot , it works for me

Al Capone

I was mistaken. Red river has the lowers not the uppers . $32.50 I might have gave him part number for complete upper arm with u joint . I just emailed him with another. I sent # for upper ball joint . I'm placing a order in morning for some other stuff . Also gonna ask him about a arm bushings

Last edited: