• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat -yes or no???

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I am thinking of buying a gama goat,I have read a lot of pros and cons.Any opinions would be helpful..thanks,John

L1A1

'Been considering one myself (for some reason). They certainly have a "cool" factor all their own.

I can't think of any real pros other then the aforementioned cool factor. As for cons, they tend to be loud , manual steering poor brakes (that's all MVs isn't it?) and maintenance heavy. Parts availability may also be an issue but I'm not 100% on that. Despite all the bad I've heard about them, I still think they're an interesting vehicle. Besides, isn't it fun to own a vehicle where a member of the public (unless they served with them) asks "What the **** is that?"
Matt

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are fun. Everyone should try one.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Just want one,I have had over 50 5 tons and deuces,everything I own is high maintenance.Just always wanted one.Just to play with.Once I got one I will probabaly say,What the **** did I buy this for.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just want one,I have had over 50 5 tons and deuces,everything I own is high maintenance.Just always wanted one.Just to play with.Once I got one I will probabaly say,What the **** did I buy this for.
Please don't think a goat is "Low Maintenance". They needed a lot of repair when they were new, even after having been debugged. The brakes work just fine in my opinion. I don't like having to "un-steer" coming out of turns. The steering is not self correcting.

CycleJay

Hello Patracy,

Since you still own one, and you are not THAT far from me, may I get a ride in yours some day?
I would like to at least get a ride in one, even if I cannot ever get one myself.