• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gamma goat Intake heater questions

Al Capone

Hi . Can someone tell me how the I take Heater setup works on this thing ? I hold the switch up and hear little pump working and some other things making noise . I believe I saw some sort of spark plug inside of engine for this ? I know someone can explain this operation . Was kinda cool this morning and it did not want to crank . Went back out later and tried the switch while cranking and got it started . I don't know proper cranking procedure with this

m38inmaine

It uses fuel from the return line, a air pump mounted above the starter vaporizes the fuel into the airbox where the spark plug ignites it and warms the intake air to aid in starting.

Al Capone

So the air pump is about the size of a can of corn above starter . Has rubber hose coming out to a hose that turns ninety and goes into side of engine ? I was thinking that was the pump but I don't know if mine works . Will have to check it . What is proper procedure for cranking . ? Pre best this then hit starter ? Or use heater switch while cranking ? Thanks

Jericho

Unless global cooling has taken place in LA I cant imagine that you need to use it. I used to live in Pineville , just down the road, never got that cold, I live in Arctic conditions in NH now and seldom have to use it, to use crank engine , hold switch to on, DONT TURN IT ON UNLESS YOUR CRANKING . DONT EXCEDE STARTER DUTY LIMITS. . If it just rolls and rolls then look for an air leak ( sucking air into the fuel system/ loosing the pressure in the fuel system) start at the tank and spray starting fluid at all the joints in the lines, look / listen for a small increase in RPM when it sucks the ether in, Favorite spot is the return line at the first filter from the tank at the ferrules, next is a loose filter bolt and the filter sucks air in around the bolt or cylinder flange

Al Capone

No idea why goat did not want to fire off that morning . Only got down into the 30s that night . Always has before and after that fired right up without spinning over hardly at all .

Impressus

I have a couple of questions about the preheater system. When the air pump is activated what is the sequence of events after that? What activates the coil for leading to the spark plug. When I turn on the air pump, that is the only thing that I hear running/working. Does this system only go into to running mode when the engine is being cranked over? Thanks in advance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks