• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasket change

connectingbar

I am planning on changing the Pan gasket, Compressor gaskets and oil filter housing,cooler gaskets to stop some leaking so I can paint my engine. Pan gasket is straight forward , but my question is the others. Are they hard to get off or is there something I should be aware of, and what else needs to be removed to get the compressor and filter housing off the block?

I have all the correct gaskets, I figure I would pic someones brain that has done this before

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have experience wrenching on things, it shouldn't be a problem.
Here are a few tips.
Don't use one of those buffing pads that is used on a die grinder on aluminum parts, and if you use it on steel, sparks mean you are removing material, cover oil galleys with tape, silicone is not a gasket sealer..you can make leaks with it...it can squeeze the gasket out of it's place, don't bend the fuel lines, if you have some rust penetrant, give the lines a dousing at the hydraulic head now so if the boots aren't there and haven't been for a while, you don't ruin a fuel line.
I haven't had that side apart on mine yet, but pay attention, some engines have capscrews that go into water jackets so they'll need a thread sealant on them when you reassemble.
Take pics so we all can see what it's like!
Oh yeah, if any of the gaskets you have are hard from sitting or have shrunk up, put them in a pan and pour boiling water over them. The water will make the gasket pliable again and let it seal and will make the gasket ruturn to it's original size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks