• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasket replacement

connectingbar

Since I was off work today, I started my weeping multifuel gasket replacement.

The two that were weeping were, oil pan gasket and oil cooler/oil filter housing. The first was the oil filter housing. Fairly easy project, just pull the cans, cooler pipe and cooler cover for easy access to the rear bolts. You will have to disconnect # 4,5,5 injector lines from the injector and unbolt the secondary fuel housing and move it out of the way. The last 2 steps are so you have room to move the unit.

The biggest problem with these housings is that the bolts were somewhat loose from engine vibration and gasket shrinkage. Any time you change your oil I would advise to check these bolts from time to time.( I sealed mine)

Then it was off to the oil pan . Simple to get off. To my surprise there was no sludge in the pan and everything from the connecting rods to the mains looked great with no slop.Oil pump pickup was nice and clean as well.

Will reassemble the pan by the weekend and as soon as my spin on conversion comes in from JT I will re fill with oil and antifreeze

Will post pics of the block when it gets light tomarrow

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks