• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser Chassis and Data Plate

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, I'm fairly certain that I'll get some grief from this but here goes. In the future I would like to buy a 50s M35 chassis. All I really need is the frame and data plate. Must be matching numbers with a fair to excellent data plate. My thoughts were to swap everything off my soon to be home dropside to the gasser chassis. Stude, Reo, Curtiss Wright or Utica Bend chassis would be ideal. I can't explain why I want to do this but I do!
Please keep this in mind if anyone decides to chop up and old truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's weird! My 1953 Stude M108 is getting a sheetmetal change, already had a heart transplant and for some reason, I now want the gasser chassis and data plate as a base for a cargo truck.

acetomatoco

The sound, or lack of it, when a 331 is idling at 300 rpm on MoGas is just peaceful...no clanging, banging, shaking, or smoking... Same with the 270s and the 302s in the Jimmies... A real Diesel like a DT466 would be nice in a Deuce, too.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, why not just look for a studebaker from GL? My neighbor just got one from NC we have to pick up in two weeks! :shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking Jim. Never seem to have operating capital when they have what I want. How about that place where you bought the M48. Do they have any gasser trucks left? I seem to remember them being priced fairly (except the glass).

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is one gasser left. Very rough, was the singled out chassis truck version. Data plate is laying behind the seat. I did not check if the frame numbers match but I would guess they do. I was going to get it to part out but I have too much going on throughout the next few months.

Crash_AF

I just got this back from the seller of the above listed Craigslist deuce... would it be worth an offer of $4k?

seller said:
The data plate says its a 1953. It does not have a title. I have an offer for 3500.00 for the axles and 500 for other parts. With that being said shoot me an offer.
Later,
Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4K would normally be seen as a lot for a deuce but with the price of fuel and the scarcity of gassers (partly my fault), I'd say if its as nice as it looks, that would be a fair price. If I was fat with cash, I'd be interested (if it were nearby).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks