• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gasser deuce mileage

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of average mileage would one get out of a early 1950s gasser deuce, assuming standard configuration, no cargo, and engine/drivetrain runs well?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Look up the posts by Barrman. Here is one of his quotes:
"I was really, really hot by now, frustrated by my amazing 5.2 mpg getting there"

my 53 GMC gets about 5 it runs good the 302 is said to make 130 horse power but it turnes both rearends all the time and the front is not always engaged but it's turning all the time .high gear running down the road is not direct but a under drive . empty weight is about 14000 pounds 5 mpg may not be bad . maybe high octane gas would help ? at least gas now is better then the 71 octane that the tag on the dash says you could run .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks