• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser Fording Valves

Barrman

My M35(R) truck has the fording handle that is attached to 3 cables. None of the cable ends are attached to anything. But, it looks like it should go like this:

One runs to the air cleaner and is open to the outside air or closed off depending on the cable.

One goes to a line connecting the intake manifold to the other side of the block. Basically a blow by vent.

The third one goes to the oil fill cap on top of the valve cover. It has a threaded end on it like a hose or tubing is supposed to go there just like the valve on the air cleaner, but right now it is just open to the outside air if the valve is open.

I assume and by looking at the actuation arms on the three valves that the air cleaner valve and valve cover valve are just supposed to be vented to the outside while under normal running the engine block vent is supposed to go to the intake manifold. Closing them all off should build positive pressure inside the engine for fording. My question is about the valve cover and air cleaner valves.

Are they supposed to be connected so positive pressure is supplied to the axles, transmission and t-case? If that were truck, then they should both be shut off during normal running.

I can get pictures Wednesday if anybody needs it. I am working without a manual until I can snag one of the few high priced ones that show up on E-Bay every now and then, so thanks.

acetomatoco

The valves on your axles and xfer are positive release only... there is a spring loaded disc in them that keeps water out...they are not pressurized for fording... ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks