• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser gaskets?

cbvet

Anyone know a source for engine gaskets for Deuce gassers?
Need valve cover gaskets right now for 2 trucks. I know I could make them or use RTV, I'd just rather get originals.
Memphis & Saturn don't have them.
Eric
CBVET

badgmc56

I would use a good quality RTV. Ford makes a RTV used to seal oil pans on diesel motors that I have used for years that is the best I have seen. I just went through this with my 302 in my M-211. I bought an oil pan set still in the package and when I opened it , the gaskets just fell apart. I'm glad they did because I would have been doing that job over again in a few months. Most of the gaskets that you buy for those old gassers are original ones that are over fifty years old unless you can find some from NAPA which is a hit and miss game.The only drawback of using RTV is it is harder to disassemble which makes it a pain when adjusting valves. I just take my time and work my way around the cover with a sharp putty knife.

Barrman

I bought a valve cover gasket a month or so ago from Antelope Valley. It was shipped folded over. I let it sit out in the sun for a day to get nice and flat. Then I used 3M weather strip (The yellow stuff) to glue it to the valve cover. I don't glue to the engine so it will come off easy and might be used again if I am carefull. I have about 500 miles since then and no leaks of any kind.

JasonS

I bought some silicone sheet off of ebay and cut my own using an original gasket as a pattern. Doesn't leak and is reusable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks