• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser inst panels

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know of a source for the Gasser instrument panels? Or, is there another vehicle that has the same panel? M35 is too big, M151 too short. Any ideas?

Barrman

I had the same problem finding ones for my Gassers. I have never checked it, but the M37 panel is real close. Some very helpfull fellow members sent me the ones I have now.

Are you wanting to make a restoration or a driving truck? I ask because if you took a multifuel dash panel and bolted it into a Gasser cab (yes, it will bolt in) you could then use a multifuel gauge panel. I didn't do that and kind of wish that I had because I hate not having a tach now that I am driving the truck a lot. The OA331 needs to be driven hard to get you anywhere. I use about 2 mph below the max speeds on the data plate as my shift point for each gear. 8, 14, 25, 42. I have no clue what rpm that is though.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually the Studebaker we need it for has a military installed tach mounted below the dash panel. If you want I can get pics.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went looking for the one I pulled from the M108 and can't find it. I know I gave the entire dash itself to Devilman96. I just don't remember what I did with the gauge panel. Jim, are you still planning on getting the other gasser we spoke of?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stopped by there yesterday. He is up to $800-850 because of scrap metal prices. He SAYS it runs and wont sell parts off it, wants to get rid of the whole truck. I am still undecided. I am getting too close to having to work in New Orleans to get too many projects going at once. Need parts from it?

Barrman

Yes to the Tach picture.

Chris, speedometer accuracy to road speed is not important. Since the max shift speeds are actually drive shaft speeds for given rpm's in each gear. I use the indicated speed. I know my actual speed is actually about 12% faster than indicated because of the bigger tires. Nothing was changed between the engine and speedo sender on the t-case though, so I just roll on.