• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gauge cluster. no lights?

84cucv1ton

just replaced some bulbs. have it all back together. but no lights. put some new bulbs in and cleaned up the contacts.
any idea? thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the ground wire that attaches above the emergency brake.

Did you double check the contacts where the harness plugs into the cluster? What about making sure the plug is firmly seated?

DrJekl

If they worked before you may have a leg on the ribbon rolled up and it is not making contact to the plug. The ribbon on one of mine curled up and was not making contact. The layers of the printed circuit had seperated and the metal contacts that I am refering to as the ribbon were all floppy and curled up on me.

SGT Estum

(Captian Obvious) Have you tried turning the headlight switch to adjust the dimmer? Mine is sometimes intermittent and needs to be turned slightly to get the cluster lights to come on and stay on.