• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gauge lights will not work

84cucv1ton

i had a bunch of bulbs out in there. take it out, put in new ones. clean it up a bit and put it back in. nothing. none of them back there work. i know its all hooked up right.

any ideas?? thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the connections at the plug, that feeds the plastic circuit sheet.

Armada

I would say check the fuse but you said some lights work and some don't?
Did you have the cluster out of the vehicle when you replaced the bulbs? The exposed copper on the printed circuit laminate easily corrodes. In extreme cases it will also 'delam'. Gently clean the copper contact points on the circuit 'board' as well as the contacts on the bulb sockets and on the main harness plug.
Also inspect for breaks in the copper paths, mostly at contact points and at any areas that bend (like where the harness plug attaches). If it's in really bad condition, you may need to replace the printed circuit.
Also, some sockets fit very loose and don't make good contact with the printed contacts. When putting the bulb sockets back in, you may want to bend the contact points out just a little on the sockets. This will securely attach the sockets confirming connection.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try using a pencil erasrer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks