• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauging the deuce

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is another repeat posting that I'd like to add on to in the future so here goes.
My assortment of gauges now includes a viscosity gauge. It is now operational and shows about 13 volts for diesel fuel and 14-15 volts for biodiesel/veggie oil. More info will be posted as test runs are completed.
The higher the voltage displayed, the more viscous the fuel (which means less fuel delivered).
The FDC actually works against biodiesel which should be delivered in higher amount because of its lower BTU value.

The gauge basically monitors the FDC position.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove the deuce about a hundred miles today and checked the "viscosity meter". It's actually an indication of the operation of the FDC and it read 13 volts for diesel fuel at about 75°F and 15 volts for my current mix of biodiesel and veggie oil also at 75°F.
When the fuel was heated to 135°F, the reading was about 12 volts for the BD/VO mix.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Joel, got one here on my desk. I used the 10-16 volt gauge because of the voltage range, need to change some circuitry for 20 to 32 volt military gauge....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks