• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gear Vendors overdrive unit questions

Enforced_Leo44

Hi everyone,

I have a M1008 truck with a GV unit installed (I'm not the one that installed it and don't have any boxes/original documentation for it), and I can't seem to find much info about it, what I'm mostly looking for is the drain and fill plug, as well as the pan gasket size and form

My guess for the fill plug is the one that has been circled in blue in the picture that I uploaded, even though when I unscrewed it, liquid started to pour quite fast which, again, as for my guess shouldn't be doing since I thought that that plug should have been the fill level

The only actual info that I found is the fluid type, which should be either 80w90 or 75w90 synthetic

If anyone could chime in and enlighten me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

Jeepadict

Gear Vendors has a very nice website that's truly a cornucopia of information. You could easily contact their customer service via phone or email. I'm sure they can give you overly detailed answers to your questions, and if you ask nicely I'm betting they will send you all their manuals via email PDF.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk