• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 1 light

Red_506

My Gen 1 light stays on once I start my 1009, but as soon as I give it a little gas it shuts off and does not come back on until I start it again. My batteries are charging properly, and the truck cranks over with no issues. Is this an issue or do I just have a little quirk in the electrical system?

It's (probably) a harmless quirk. Sometimes it's a loose belt on the alternator, so check that first off. Alternators sometimes need to be driven above idle revs before the regulator feed the field coils correctly. Check and clean all the relevant connections.

DokWatson

Thats a normal quirk, I believe its covered in the TM. The solution described is exactly what you did, give it a little gas to see if it shuts off. If it does, you're good to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks