• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 2 air conditioning install with C7 A1R - notes and pictures thus far.

ramdough

I actually got the correct Red-Dot hoses for mine but that also required that I change to a different dryer and also to a different trinary switch and had to track down an obscure adapter to get that all to work together because the Red Dot dryer has different ports and the stock Red Dot / military wiring does not use a trinary switch but instead uses separate high pressure and fan switches that don't match the trinary switch I wanted to use.....

I did crimp my own hoses for my 24v mini-split system in my habitat though - this crimper works great:

My plan for hose was to just take the fittings to a local place that does a lot of AC work and have them match up hose for the fittings. From what I have seen the hose is labeled with both metric and standard sizes - apparently it's close enough. All the AC fittings are SAE I believe so the fittings are likely for SAE hoses but like I said the hose seems to be both SAE and metric since the dimensions are so close - 8mm or 5/16, 13mm or 1/2, etc.
Do you think you could measure the lengths so I could guess how much hose to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like about 6 feet of the largest size, 8 feet of the intermediate size, and 12 feet of the smallest size will likely do the job. It's hard to measure accurately once it's installed and it depends on where you want to locate your drier.

ramdough

It looks like about 6 feet of the largest size, 8 feet of the intermediate size, and 12 feet of the smallest size will likely do the job. It's hard to measure accurately once it's installed and it depends on where you want to locate your drier.
Thanks…. Added 2’ to each length just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks