• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GEN 2 light solved.

edpdx

I have noticed, since it has been getting colder especially, that the GEN 2 light lingers until I rev it a little. Then it stays off.

Yesterday it went off; but kept coming back momentarily. All afternoon I watched and it would blink while not under load or deceleration. This morning I was checking the belts and I noticed the passenger side two-wire connector into the alternator was a little gummy looking. I pulled thee connector and indeed there was a black rubbery looking mess on the spades and connectors.

I removed the wires on both the alts and scraped and shot them down with CRC Electronic Cleaner. I had to make another run afterwards; but did not see what was bothering me all day with that warning lamp.

I hope this gets me off the hook for a winter alt repair. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks