• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gen 2 light

REDWOLF

Gen 2 light was on this morning but only when i was at speed on the road not at idel and it got dimmer as i slowed and then out at idel? It also was not on when i first started the truck. Am i to asume that this light is for the passenger side alt.? Just got to work and have no way of checking the alt here to see if it is putting out.

REDWOLF

Thats real nice guys. Where and whats the part number for the rebuild kit and what kinda money. I guess i should rebuild both alts at the same time? I am getting some belt squil when i first start off the line so i think i will put some new belts on fisrt. :grd:

markmontana

My Gen2 light stayed on until I revved up the rpms after starting, then it stayed off. Recently, the light would not go off. Found it was not putting out, so I pulled it and took it over to the alternator rebuild shop. It is the passenger side unit.

I thought I might have a hard time explaining to the shop what the alternator was from, but before I could say a word, the guy said "looks like a 24 volt system, 12v unit from a military truck". So I think I left it in good hands. I asked for worst case repair bill, they said $140, most likely less.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PLEASE ATTEMPT TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

Even if you have absolutely no luck with the SEARCH, try looking at a few pages of the most recent threads in the correct forum(CUCV).

This was just asked a few days ago and was posted on early this morning, and that thread has all the alternator components listed. It is still on the first page of the CUCV forum.

So much could be learned by spending a few hours reading the forums.

Also, the most basic issues should be attempted, before asking for answers. You state you have a problem, but have not even changed your belts (basic maintenence). I think some people post problems without even opening their hoods, sometimes...

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Sir, Thank you Sir

Last edited:

REDWOLF

Soory doghead.I was at work and can not be on the computor for to long before i start getting evel looks. I spend most of my day out on the road making deliverys. So i was just looking for a quick answer to get when i got back off the road and my computor at home is out of order right now. Will not happen again and i do remember seeing that earlyer thread. SOORY AGAIN SIR.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Takes me about 30 minutes to rebuild one. Assuming the stator isn't bad.

The DelcoRemy manual and the tM 9-2320-289-34 manual covers the rebuild in detail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks