• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator problems

ApopkaFL

Banned
My Generator in one of my A3s went bad. Does anyone have any ideal for a replacement then the 450.00 cost of a new one? Ive tryed to have it rebuilt but the guy said the winddins are bad . It smells like burnt rubber when its under a load. I want to replace it not for the 450.00 that ES asking. The A3 has that 3116 cat engine in it.

R Racing

A good repair shop can rewind them, Try another shop. If you can't find 1 PM me and I'll give you a # of a shop near me that does them. Good luck !

Dodge man

See my posting dated 2 days ago in the scrap yard section about the guy on N OBT in Orlando that has various MVs for sale. He has a seized engine that he replaced in a deuce and you might be able to buy the generator off of it. I'm not sure what engine was in it or if the generator is the same but the answer is only a phone call anyway.

ApopkaFL

Banned
That is the one I PMed you about.

I just called dave hes not sure if he has one. BUT he does have a donor cab for my 4door bobbed duce project I am going to get tomorrow. So while I am there I am going to check and see about the alternator, Thanks
pm me your mumber

Rodman

Last edited:

ApopkaFL

Banned
Got a alternator today from my friend Dave. Took it to the local rebuild shop for them to look at it make sure everything is in good working order before I put the unit on. Also got a donor Tub for the 4 door conversion I am going to start next week on the M35A3.

Cheers

Rodman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks