• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Genset Fuel Question

budman67

Sorry if this may seem a dumb question,I have been reading through the
TM's,but I can only find diesel or jp-8 fuel.Are there any multi fuel Gens?

Last edited:

PeterD

I also am unaware of any multi-fuel generator sets. My MEP-004 is diesel, or JP-1. It says kero can be used, but may cause damage--use only only in emergencies I believe the manual says.

You can't get diesel where you live? Around here, every gas station has diesel as well...

budman67

I also am unaware of any multi-fuel generator sets. My MEP-004 is diesel, or JP-1. It says kero can be used, but may cause damage--use only only in emergencies I believe the manual says.

You can't get diesel where you live? Around here, every gas station has diesel as well...

Thanks,the price and for when I go up north to the Hearst area,I would like
to cut back on costs in the bush.This is my retirement idea,just planning
ahead. The price is only going to get higher,or we may have shortages when
I retire in 20 years.

I am trying to learn and practice now,instead of when I need it at that moment.

EDIT: Yes we do have diesel up here,I did find it an odd question,I guess like mine.

Last edited:

PeterD

OK, see your direction now... If I were in your shoes, I'd start by looking at alternative energy generation methods, such as wind turbines or maybe water. (Wind is sometimes not there, and water dries up sometimes, but both can be relatively free other than the cost of equipment.)

I'll say that 20 years is a long time (good to plan ahead, though) and equipment will change substantially in those years.

But don't forget, diesel is basically the same as home heating oil, so there is another alternative source for fuel which may be available when diesel becomes less common. I'd certainly run my MEP-004 on home heating oil, no problem at all doing that. (maybe toss in a bottle of additive...)

Harleyd315

Has anyone tried using bio diesel in the military diesel gen sets? I have a mep-004 and was thinking of giving it a try. My car,truck and oil burner seem to run fine on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks