• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

?? genset mfg.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a prefered mfg. on GENSET. Looking to purchase mep002 or 3. Any noticable difference or things to look for when bidding. As always, THANKS for the help. Bob

Isaac-1

As far as I know all MEP-002 and 003's are built with Onan engines and Libby Welding generator ends. The ASK versions with the sound suppressing housings are often preferred, there are also various trailer mounted versions (laundry trailer, machine shop trailer, dual / single generator trailers, etc.), some of these seem to have special wiring modifications. Things to watch out for, make sure all parts are there, many are missing ground rods, batteries, etc. look out for the hour meters many will have been changed and show very low hours (these tend to be mounted with shiny new screws)

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To the best of my knowledge, there were a few different manufacturers, but Libby Welding is by far the most common. Manufacturer doesn't make much difference, all of the engines are Onan engines and the rest was build to the contract specs using the same parts so they should all be theoretically the same.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thaks for the info, will be bidding soon, will post when purchased, then I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.
Bob.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks