• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

George git legal today!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
scooter01922 said:
I like it. I like george too, nice truck you have there.
thank you!

As far as being allowed to do it, I had heard "You have to have a plate" and "You don't have to have a plate". (Both from different LEO's in the same jurisdiction), so I did what anyone would do in that situation; I researched the law, printed it out, brought it to the DMV with me, spent 5 hours there and 2 hours on the phone with DMV HQ and luck, courtesy and patience won the day!
Also, just making the mask for the letters and numbers took about 2 1/2 hours. I have **much** respect for people who do it for a living!

Blythewoodjoe

MilitaryRestoration said:
do you have any examples of the paper work or laws that you printed out...?
I don't know at your area, but I found the laws for SC on line and copy and pasted the key parts with their number to a word document and took that to the DMV with me recently. It did no good. They just said, "we don't do that". It's funny how the law can say one thing but the DMV can make what ever policy they want to implement the law. I would have to sue to make them comply with the law. I plan to start working my local representative and governors office first. It's an election year after all :lol:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the pertinant section of Louisiana law: "USE OF MILITARY VIN IN LIEU OF LICENSE PLATES ON PRIVATELY OWNED MILITARY VEHICLES R.S. 47:463.16 (C)

R.S. 47:463.16 (C) provides that, in lieu of the license plate, the Secretary shall authorize the use of the military vehicle identification number stenciled on the vehicle in white or yellow letters and numbers in accordance with military regulations.
"

As far as the DMV goes, that is why I spent 5 hours there and two on the phone. My local DMV said I couldn't even with a copy of the law in my hand. Hence the patience and courtesy.

littlebob

Condradulations, Save a copy of the paperwork you used, I might need it when I'm ready to put mine on the road. If I remember another LA member told me he was able to make up his registration and he had his marked on the hood.
littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks