• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GEP 6.5 date code

CST

sorry if this question is elsewhere but there a hundreds of posts to sift thru and i haven't found anything. i'm trying to ID my engine. i think i was told it was a 2006 GEP but not sure. the stampings i found were a 41x and HD on the tranny housing and on the manifold i found an 8 6279. the right valve cover has 12564564. the engine is in an '87 M998. also if anyone knows a part number or something for the belts and where to get a stronger alternator that would be helpful.
matt
sw8_2dg at yahoo

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
numbers for the date code are on the passenger side behind the cylinder head. Can be seen with the doghouse off.

If it's in an older truck with the V-belt system, then it's going to be the same V-belts as the 6.2 it replaced.

"stronger alternator" you'd probably either want to go aftermarket and get a standard 24V alternator, or go with the 200 amp generator system. The aftermarket alternator is by far a MUCH less expensive route (and arguably more reliable) while the 200 amp keeps it all OEM.