• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

German Made "Ben Hur" Trailer, Wheel Question?

randomzg

Hey Everyone, joined here a few weeks back and have got a lot of great info on the trailer I picked up for $200 locally a few weeks ago! Im working on getting it converted to 12v, already got a title for it, now working on tires/wheels. It'll mainly be an occasional use utility trailer for firewood etc, but would like to size down on the wheels to 16" or 17". I know its 6x8.75" bolt pattern with 6.5" CB. I understand these wheels use some sort of adapter off of the 5 lug hub (correct me if wrong)? Just wondering what my options are. Aside from the 20" 6 lug's being massivly tall, tire choices are few and far between, not to mention expensive.

Ant tips would be great!

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Suggest replace the entire axle with a lighter duty trailer axle, preferably with the same bolt pattern as the tow vehicle.

randomzg

Suggest replace the entire axle with a lighter duty trailer axle, preferably with the same bolt pattern as the tow vehicle.
This is what im figuring ill need to do in the end, wasnt sure if there was an easier solution. Thanks, NDT!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks