• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting 12v from 24v

Farmer1

Hey guys I have been searching older posts for a while now and just can not find what I’m looking for. I have a 1984 cucv m1009 last owner tried a conversion to 12v system. I am in the process of converting back to 24v. My only problem I’m having is the resistor bank on firewall is gone. What is the best option to use to convert 24v to 12v so the glow plugs are not fried. I would also like to send 12v to the power block that is in the cab behind the passenger seat to run a radio box sound system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GPs are 12V. The resistor block steps in down. A common mod is to run the GPs off the front battery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks